Monday, June 18, 2012

My Attempt to Revive This Blog

..with beads and other crafts!

Hi! I have been busy lately. Yes, I am doing some beading projects and here is my first attempt on making simple loops and connecting beads here and there! I actually find doing this very therapeutic, and I promise to post some of my projects and teach DIY soon. Everything is for sale, btw. ^^

I just fell in love with the blue crystals I bought, and I paired it with smaller orange and yellow crystals; finishing it with a simple silver chain is very refreshing to the eyes! I am still practicing color combination, and I can say, I had a quite good head start!


I have blue crystals left (I actually have many!) and I decided to make a moderately chunky necklace with overlapping tassel! I am fascinated with tassels, like how simple it is to make yet it majorly turns a boring piece into an interesting one.. basically, nakakayaman lang ang peg!

I will definitely make more of this :)
the combination of blue and gold is just lovely!
of course, there goes the basic black and silver :)
In my recent visit to Quiapo, I find the last string of these red ladybug beads. It is murano glass, making it a bit expensive than the regular ones. I was told they won't be restocking in the near future (if at all), so I thought I should grab it and make something nice out of it! I guess I am lucky then.

It is believed that red ladybug brings good luck especially if it lands on you, so in this piece I made it appear that the red ladybugs are attracted towards the center. That's right, they have not just landed on you, they are crawling on you! :D I also chose to use 9 red ladybugs (a number also considered lucky), I don't know, maybe just to double the luck! And the ceramic green leaf pendant adds to the fun!


Before I forget, I want to give credit to the lovely collar bone of Paulo's sister, Janine! Thanks!! :)

I have no definite style yet in making accessories. I just make something that interests me, like this one.


This is vintage-inspired (I think). I made this for my two friends; one true-blue Thomasian (that explains the yellow and black combination, and the other one is just simply kikay! ^^ I am glad the blue and salmon pink combination looks good on her. 


The flowers used in these necklaces are polymer clay --another craft I am interested in doing, but I really do not want to get overwhelmed now so I guess I will stick with beads first, then from here, we'll see what other media I can use to make beautiful pieces! :)

Now that my mojo in writing is back, expect more posts about accessories!

Weeeeee! Lookie, Sofia made these bracelets. I bought her some wooden beads to play with and shared with her my favorite blue crystals and unused pearl beads, and she was able to come up with these..


Yes, I taught her the good old "tuhog-tuhog" technique using stretchable nylon cords.
So how's her color combination?

Me: Wow Ironman lang ang peg.
Sofia: Cute no? Gusto ko to he, parang Darna!
*toinks*


Pa-cute lang.


Cheers to more projects (for me and Sofia)! Will post it soon.
Thanks!

2 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails