Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Authentic Italian Food, Healthy Frozen Yogurt, and Great Company!

For the last installment of my long weekend, my friends and I all agreed to meet in Megamall for our MEGA DINNER!  Once we get there, we’ll decide where to eat as I quote “depende sa gutom, depende sa budget”. We all craved for something Italian, so we thought of aVeneto Pizzeria Ristorante versus Amici Restaurant.

Janice and I have been to aVeneto before, and the couple (Prell and James ♥) wanted to try Amici, and so for this get-together dinner, Amici wins! As simple as that :)

Amici Restaurant


What's on the table?
Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Pepperoncino, Php175
Mild spicy pasta dish in rich garlic and olive oil sauce with anchovies

Quattro Stagioni, Php290
Four-season combination of ham, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and black olives

Canneloni Agli Spinaci, Php220
An Amici classic favorite! Tubes filled with spinach and ricotta cheese topped with creamy cheese tomato sauce

Spaghetti Alla Bolognese (not in photo), Php185
A delightful dish with your favorite meaty tomato sauce


We ordered one of each kind, and I noticed why on earth nobody from us wanted cream-based pasta that night?! Anyway, the Spaghetti Aglio Olio E Pepperoncino was mildy spicy.  I liked it, though I thought a quarter of the serving was garlic! I am not a 'garlic person', and the obssessive-compulsive me spent time sorting out the garlic! But, that's okay, I actually enjoyed this dish. :)

There was nothing special about their Spaghetti Alla Bolognese (at least for me). I liked it because it was super meaty, but I wanted my tomato-based pasta to taste like tomatoes per se! The meat overpowered the taste of the whole thing, I mean it’s not bland, but it’s not tomato(ish) for me. Though, I still liked it (I know I am that easy to please with food).

I was happy we ordered Canneloni Agli Spinaci. This was my first time to try it, and it surely became an instant favorite! I never thought I would like spinach, but I did. The cheese kinda melts in my mouth, and the spinach brings out a subtle saltiness, a distinct taste in every bite. Super wow!

I think I’ve tried Quattro Stagioni several times in Amici di Don Bosco, and I liked it as usual! I remembered whenever I crave for thin-crust pizzas, I would only think of Amici along with Shakey’s Manager’s Choice and Joey Pepperoni’s.  Those were my kind of pizzas. :)

It seemed that they did not like the pizza as much as I did, so I ended up munching about 3 1/2 slices! 

Me, Janice, Prell, and Dylan ~ Here's our photo after what, 4 years? Good to see you, guys! We all gained.. chorvah! ♥
Oooops, sorry for my stuff on the table (that was FabManila bag, btw) {Prell, let's buy Estrel's caramel cake next time, *wink*}

Frozen Yogurt Really Makes Me Happy!

As much as I loved Amici's gelato, it was the group's unanimous decision to have dessert somewhere else.  Voting was 1:2:2 - Wants ice cream : wants frozen yogurt : does not care.  We have no time to break the tie and because Dylan will treat us for dessert, it must be special!  Considering that it was already quarter to 9pm, and most of the shops are closing, it was a relief to find California Berry at the lower ground floor waiting for us!
California Berry

Estrel's caramel cake: Why have frozen yogurt? Eat me! LOL!

Yum! Prices ranged from Php 85 to Php145 :)

Because Janice had the last scoop of blueberries, I had mine with cheesecake solo!


Thanks to Janice, Dylan, Prell, and James!  I had a very satisfied belly and such an amazing time with you, guys!  Also, it was nice meeting you James.  Can't wait for Part 2, see you all! ♥

dianneregina

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails